We have a vacancy available for a SHEQ Assistant to join our SHEQ team based in Stockton. It is a permanent role and you will embark on the Safety, Health and Environmental Technician Level 3 apprenticeship which will last between 12 and 24 months, depending on your existing experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
Engaging will all aspects of the organisation to support the embedment of a culture that ensures everyone is able to return home safely each day whilst also protecting and enhancing the land, air and water resources for future generations. On a daily basis this typically involves, but is not limited to:
- Helping to ensure that legal and company SHEQ requirements are implemented
- Assisting with internal / external audits
- Helping to investigate accidents & non conformities
- Helping to maintain management system documentation – standard forms, COSHH assessments, workplace risk assessments
- Assisting with supplier reviews
- Producing risk assessments and method statements for work to be carried out
- Carrying out routine stock checks and replenishing stock e.g. PPE and consumables
- Carrying out RPE Face Fit Testing
- Helping to maintain workplace facilities & equipment, e.g.:
- carrying out routine ‘in house’ testing – Legionella, fire alarms
- arranging contractors for breakdowns, repairs, testing
- preparing equipment for calibration.
- Carrying out awareness training and tool box talks.
- This a full-time role based at our head office in Stockton on Tees, with regular attendance at other offices operated by Axiom as well as client sites (industrial). You will be predominantly be assisting the SHEQ Manager and SHE Officer in providing support across the business.
- This is an entry level role. Those with or without prior experience in a similar role would be considered.
- Good IT skills, competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- A high standard of numeracy and communication skills.
- Can work well under pressure.
- Able to work in the UK without restriction.
- Full, clean UK driving license.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Able to work independently and use their initiative
- Self- motivated, confident with a “can-do” attitude
- Possesses strong attention to detail
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Working hours: 08:00 – 16:00 / 09:00 – 17:00.
Salary: Dependent upon experience. Minimum salary: Current National Minimum Apprenticeship Wage.
Closing Date: 28 February 2023.
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES