Senior Process Safety Engineer
Take your next career step with Axiom supporting our clients to maximise their asset integrity and minimise risk.
The Senior Process Safety Engineer will join the Axiom Process Safety & Process Safety Engineering Services business to support our full client base as well as into new clients.
Process Safety Engineering will include Pressure Relief from site assessments, relief case identification, system sizing and documentation, HAZOP support, Process Safety studies etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to support a growing business and to deliver the Axiom Vision.
The role will operate UK wide into the target regions: North East, North West, Humber and Scotland and target sectors: Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Energy.
The focus will be to work closely with the existing engineering services teams to support Process Safety and Process Safety Engineering as complementary to the current asset integrity services delivered by Axiom including Materials, Mechanical and Inspection which gives Axiom the unique ability to deliver total solutions.
- Deliver Process Safety Engineering/Pressure Relief support to clients meeting agreed targets.
- Delights clients and manages relationships meeting quality, cost and delivery.
- Works with the Axiom Process Safety Group Manager, Senior Process Engineers and Process Safety Consultants to support winning of new work.
- To support engagement with key client technical contacts e.g. Engineering Managers, Process Engineers.
- Demonstrates an ongoing drive to improve and develop skills.
- Supports development of Axiom Process Safety and Process Safety engineering methodologies, work processes, procedures and enabling tools/systems.
- Active in key external organisations e.g. professional bodies, subject groups etc.
- Keeps up to date with Process Engineering and Process Safety Engineering trends, legislation and identifies areas for growing developing capabilities.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills including technical report writing and reviewing.
- Experience (15 years plus) within the target sectors covering operations and capital investments (including design principles, process and standards for process plant); and knowledge of relevant UK legislation in this sector (e.g. COMAH, DSEAR and related codes/standards)
- Experience across a range of process engineering and process safety engineering areas including Process Engineering Design- Front End Studies to Detailed Design, Plant support and trouble shooting, Pressure Relief, Supporting Hazard Studies, HAZOP inc attendance ,scribe, actions, COMAH, Fire and Explosion assessments, Risk Assessment(QRA), Consequence modelling, Occupied Building Risk Assessment (OBRA).
- Experience of using recognised software for process engineering.
- Knowledge and network within target sectors/regions Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Power.
- Technical results-oriented professional with a high degree of enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial mindset, with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong capability to articulate the benefits of the services and value proposition in alignment with the clients needs.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, organizational agility and well-developed influencing skills.
To protect people, the environment and community by providing technically excellent services to support managing the integrity of assets in the fields of Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Inspection, Process Engineering and Process Safety.
Closing Date: – Friday 30th June 2023
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com