Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our expanding Engineering Services team. Axiom’s Mechanical department specialises in undertaking fitness for service (FFS) assessments of process plant, working closely with our clients to improve their assets’ life and reliability.
The role is client-facing and will require the simultaneous management of multiple projects. The Mechanical Engineer will be required to lead projects from receipt of initial client lead through to proposal generation, contract management, and delivery of the technical assessment.
The candidate should have experience in specialising in pressure systems design and/or asset integrity evaluations. They should have an understanding of common deterioration modes such as corrosion, creep and fatigue, and be familiar with pressure vessel design principles.
Skills / Qualifications
- A working knowledge of pressure vessel design and/or FFS codes such as PD5500, ASME VIII and API 579.
- Proven ability to self-manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating technical ability and commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, or Energy sectors.
- Working towards Chartered status with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- Minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or appropriate discipline).
- An understanding of non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques and their limitations.
Any of the following would be advantageous:
- Capability or exposure to pipe stress analysis software packages such as Bentley AutoPIPE or Caesar.
- Experience of 3D modelling and producing 2D engineering drawings.
- Experience of working with the DBA methods given in recognised Pressure Vessel design codes (e.g. ASME VIII and BS EN 13445).
- Familiarity with Design by Rule (DBR) calculation methods regarding process equipment design.
This role is open to candidates based in any of the following locations:
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to work in the UK without restriction.
Salary: Competitive/negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid home and office working
- Competitive pension scheme
Loyalty based annual leave, with a minimum of 25 days plus bank holidays for full time staff
Closing Date: Monday 3rd July 2023
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com