Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company, where your contribution is vital in ensuring critical industries continue to operate safely and reliably? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and looking to be part of an energetic team?
Axiom is an award-winning engineering consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering, in addition to being a UKAS Accredited Inspection Body. Since our inception we have grown successfully, and are now operating on a global basis. This is an exciting time of further expansion for Axiom, as we expand our geographic reach and diversify both our capabilities and the sectors we serve.
To aid us in our ongoing expansion plans, we are looking to recruit an experienced Proposals Manager. Based at our Stockton-on-Tees headquarters, you will work across our business in close collaboration with our Operational, Business Development and Commercial teams, to manage and deliver quality proposals and fuel Axiom’s continued growth.
This position offers a great opportunity for an experienced proposals professional to take ownership, and drive the improvement of, Sales and Proposals activities serving a diverse client base, within a dynamic, expanding organisation.
- Preparation and submission of proposal and post-submission documents that meet and exceed our clients’ requirements.
- Co-ordination of activities associated with the preparation of proposals, engaging with all internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Working with Business Development / Account Management personnel during capture planning activities for key proposals, ensuring that winning themes are identified and captured within strategic bids.
- Executing site visits, either alone or in conjunction with Technical / Operational personnel, to identify project requirements and scope Axiom’s solution.
- Ensuring that proposal deliverables (both the job holder’s own output and that of the wider proposals team) are completed by the prescribed deadlines and quality standards.
- Maintaining close interaction with senior leadership stakeholders within Axiom to identify and implement improvements to the sales and proposals process, and take responsibility for process governance and the quality of proposals submitted for management approval.
- Ensure seamless interactions between proposals team and wider resources supporting and delivering content for proposals.
- Managing and reporting spend on each proposal to ensure budget achieved, managing and reporting on any variations.
- Capture and use client feedback on proposals win / losses to support continuous improvement.
- Seek resolution to any technical, quality or safety requirements of an enquiry which may need special consideration prior to proposal submission.
- Handover of successful proposals for contract execution, providing assistance as requested during execution phase.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to minimum HNC/HND level in a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in the generation of technical and commercial proposals, ideally within the field of Inspection / Engineering Consultancy.
- Strong knowledge of Axiom’s core market sectors, such as Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Power.
- Appreciation of current best-practice and solutions generation in the aforementioned technical fields, to aid dialogue with technical personnel both within Axiom and our client base.
- Professional manner, as the candidate will at times be the sole representative of the business in client interactions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic with can-do attitude.
- A valid full UK Driving Licence.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to travel on occasion to Axiom’s UK-wide offices and clients across the UK to discuss enquiries and submitted proposals.
- Experience of managing, and driving continuous improvement, in the Proposals process within a similar environment.
- Experience as a technical practitioner in the field of Inspection / Engineering Consultancy.
This role will be based at our Head Office in Stockton-on-Tees. Travel to client sites around the UK, as well as Axiom’s other offices (Grangemouth, Humber, Runcorn) can be expected periodically as the role will be supporting Axiom’s overall UK operations.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Able to demonstrate a strong level of attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as travel and overnight stays may be required.
Axiom is an ambitious and growing company. We invest heavily in our people and technology and are looking for similarly-minded personnel to join our team.
If you are the type of person we are looking for, we will invest time and energy into giving you new skills and capabilities to ensure an interesting and challenging career.
Salary: Negotiable – Staff position only
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- 5% pension contribution
- Sickness pay
- Training and recertifications
- Life cover
- Income protection
- Private medical insurance
For further information, please contact Kevin Murray (Operations Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE