Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company, where your contribution is vital in ensuring critical industries continue to operate safely and reliably? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and looking to be part of an energetic team?
Axiom is an award-winning engineering consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering, in addition to being a UKAS-accredited Inspection Body. Since our inception we have grown successfully, and are now operating on a global basis. This is an exciting time of further expansion for Axiom, as we expand our geographic reach and diversify both our capabilities and the sectors we serve.
To aid us in our ongoing expansion plans, we are looking to recruit an Office Administrator based at our Stockton-on-Tees headquarters, you will work across our business in close collaboration with our Business Support function to support Axiom’s continued growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering incoming calls for the business and directing them as required
- Point of contact for visitors to the business
- Dealing with incoming mail and distribution there of
- Assist with maintaining the supplier database including re-approvals
- Booking hotels and travel arrangements both nationally and internationally
- Raising purchase orders for stationery, PPE and NDT consumable items and seeking approval before orders are placed
- Handling incoming goods and checking for accuracy and updating the system as necessary
- Assisting with the input of purchase invoices for the business
- Checking the accuracy of employee expenses claims in preparation for processing by the Assistant Accountant
- Completion of PQQ paperwork as required
- Accurate electronic and hard copy filing and tracking of agreements and contracts
- Assisting with the updating of various Microsoft Excel documents
- Assisting with the CRM housekeeping
Qualifications and Experience:
- GCSE or equivalent Grade A-C in English and Maths is essential
- NVQ Level 2 Business and Administration would be desirable
- Extensive general admin experience is essential
- Works well under own initiative (logical thinking and problem solver)
- Professional manner
- A strong level of verbal and written communications skill.
- Effective communicator to internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive to ensure that objectives are met on time.
- Enthusiastic with can-do attitude.
- IT literate – Proficient in MS office suite: Excel, word, powerpoint.
This role will be based at our Head Office in Stockton-on-Tees.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- A good team player
- Able to demonstrate a strong level of attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as travel and overnight stays may be required.
Axiom is an ambitious and growing company. We invest heavily in our people and technology and are looking for similarly-minded personnel to join our team.
If you are the type of person we are looking for, we will invest time and energy into giving you the skills and capabilities to ensure an interesting and challenging career.
Closing Date: 06/01/2023