Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company where your contribution is vital to maintain keeping our clients safe? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and want to be part of an energetic team?
Axiom is a specialist Engineering Consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering in addition to being a UKAS Accredited Inspection body. We have grown successfully and now operate a global operation from offices in Stockton-on-Tees, England.
We have a full-time role available for a multi-disciplined NDT technician with experience in the chemical, petrochemical or bulk storage sector.
We are looking for the right staff who will help us achieve our goals. Investing heavily in our people, we recognise that the development of our staff is a key contributory factor of our success and can provide career progression to help you reach your full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Inspection Team as we continue to grow and deliver more complex projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Carry out NDT and ensuring that work is conducted in accordance with the written scheme of examination in-line with the appropriate standard and procedure
- Capable of working alone and / or part of a team when carrying out NDT
- Maintain an accurate record of site results with the intention of transferring onto specific reporting template
- Liaising with the site contact upon completion of NDT
- Writing of NDT reports to a suitable standard detailing all areas of test, restrictions and results
- Ensure that all work is being performed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Work within Axiom’s inspection quality programme to maintain UKAS accreditation
This full-time role is based in Teesside combining both office and site work.
The site location will be varied including the following environments:
- Confined space
- At height
- High & low temperatures
Experience and Qualifications:
You will be certified to PCN Level 2 in the following techniques:
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Dye / Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing (thickness gauging / flaw detection) – L1 certification would be considered
- Eddy Current Testing
- Magnetic Flux Leakage
- CSWIP 3.0 / 3.1.
- IRATA L1 Rope Access
- A valid full UK Driving Licence
- To be computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work in the UK without restriction
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as possible travel and overnight stays will be required
Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- 5% pension contribution
- Sickness pay
- Training and recertifications
- Life cover
- Income protection
- Private medical insurance
Successful candidates would be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
This role is a full-time staff position following satisfactory completion of probation.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com
For further information, please contact Adam Morris (NDT Technical Manager) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE