NDT Technician (Stockton-on-Tees)
Axiom is a specialist Engineering Consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering in addition to being a UKAS Accredited Inspection body. We have grown successfully and now operate a global operation from offices in Stockton-on-Tees, England.
Due to recent contract awards and continued growth within Teesside, we have full-time roles available for NDT Technicians with experience in the chemical, petrochemical or bulk storage sector.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Inspection Team as we continue to grow and deliver more complex projects.
Job Specification NDT Technicians
- Carry out NDT and ensuring that work is conducted in accordance with the written scheme of examination in-line with the appropriate standard and procedure.
- Capable of working alone and / or part of a team when carrying out NDT.
- Maintain an accurate record of site results with the intention of transferring onto specific reporting template.
- Liaising with the site contact upon completion of NDT.
- Writing of NDT reports to a suitable standard detailing all areas of test, restrictions and results.
- Ensure that all work is being performed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Work within Axiom’s inspection quality programme to maintain UKAS accreditation.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Magnetic Particle Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing, Dye Penetrant Testing
- Ultra-Sonic Testing (thickness gauging/flaw detection) – L1 certification would be considered.
- Eddy Current Testing
- Magnetic Flux Leakage
- CSWIP 3.0 / 3.1.
- IRATA L1 Rope Access.
- A valid full UK Driving Licence.
- To be computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Able to work in the UK without restriction.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Possesses strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Flexible in their approach as possible travel and overnight stays will be required.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- 5% pension contribution
- Sickness pay
- Training and recertifications
- Life cover
- Income protection
- Private medical insurance
Closing Date: Friday 30th June 2023
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com