Multi-Disciplined Inspector (Stockton-on-Tees)
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company, where your contribution is vital in ensuring critical industries continue to operate safely and reliably? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and want to be part of an energetic team?
Axiom is an award-winning engineering consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering, in addition to being a UKAS Accredited Inspection Body. Since our inception we have grown successfully and are now operating on a global basis. This is an exciting time of further expansion for Axiom, as we expand our geographic reach and diversify both our capabilities and the sectors we serve.
To aid us in our ongoing expansion plans, we are looking to recruit a multi-disciplined inspector in the following fields:-
- Pressure Systems
- Piping Systems
- Storage Tanks
Based within the Inspection department you will work closely with the Inspection Management team in order to complete inspections and reporting under the relevant governance code.
These positions offer the opportunity to progress and gain a greater understanding on a wide variety of plant equipment/sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting on-site inspections of pipework, storage tanks, boilers and associated pressure systems (shell boilers and larger steam generating units on power plant), potentially growing to encompass other process equipment, dependent on the scope of your appointment
- Creation and amendment of Written Schemes of Examination (WSEs)
- Review of other Client-supplied information such as drawings, certificates etc to inform inspection and integrity management strategies that aid Client compliance with PSSR and COMAH
- Forming a key interface with the Client to offer assessment and recommendations on the condition of the inspected equipment, and the remedial work, repairs, maintenance or modifications which may be required
- Writing, signing and issuing of:
- Inspection Reports
- Supplementary Inspection Reports
- Imminent Failure/Danger Notification Forms
- Acting as an Axiom focal point on sites for which you are the designated Inspector, ensuring effective Client management, resolution of issues, and promoting reach-back to other disciplines within Axiom to offer a comprehensive service.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to minimum HNC/HND level in an Engineering discipline
- Experience of inspection, in particular Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) requirements
- Experience of shell boiler inspection and preparation requirements
- Experience of inspecting process equipment on high-hazard COMAH sites, Piping Systems and storage tanks
- Experience of specifying inspection intervals in accordance with approved codes and current Written Schemes of Examination.
Candidates who have experience working in the Inspection field within a Petrochemical site or a Plant Engineering role are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience of other boiler designs particularly EfW plant inspection and operation
- Possession of formal ASME / API certification in the field of plant inspection.
Current Certification for Inspection / NDT is required, covering some or all of the following:
- API 570 Piping Inspection
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspection
- EEMUA 159/API 653 Tank Inspection
- PCN Level 1 for UT
- PCN Level 2 for MPI, LPI.
Current Certification in any of the following would be advantageous:
- PCN Level 2 for UT
- PCN Level 2 for ECI
- CSWIP Welding.
We are recruiting for personnel based in our Head Office in Stockton-on-Tees. The role will be client-facing and involve a large percentage of the working week allocated to inspection work at our clients’ sites. You will need to be comfortable with working in the following environments:
- Confined space
- At height
- High / low temperatures
We’re looking for individuals who are:
- Able to demonstrate a strong level of attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as travel and overnight stays may be required.
- Professional manner, as the candidate will at times be the sole representative of the business on site.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic with can-do attitude.
- A valid full UK Driving Licence.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to work across the UK without restriction.
Axiom is an ambitious and growing company. We invest heavily in our people and technology and are looking for similarly-minded personnel to join our team.
If you are the type of person we are looking for, we will invest time and energy into giving you new skills and abilities to enable you to inspect a broader range of equipment and give you an interesting and challenging career.
Salary: Negotiable – Staff position only
• 25 days holiday plus statutory days
• 5% pension contribution
• Sickness pay
• Training and recertifications
• Life cover
• Income protection
• Private medical insurance
Closing Date: Monday 22nd May 2023
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact Lee Baker (Inspection Operations Manager) email: email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE