We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our expanding Engineering Services team. Axiom’s Mechanical department specialises in undertaking fitness for service assessments of process plant, working closely with our clients to improve their assets’ life and reliability.
The role is client-facing and will require the simultaneous management of multiple projects. The Mechanical Engineer will be required to lead projects from receipt of initial client lead through to proposal generation, contract management, and delivery of the technical assessment.
The candidate should have experience in specialising in pressure systems design and/or asset integrity evaluations. They should have an understanding of common deterioration modes such as corrosion, creep, fatigue and fracture and be familiar with the design principles of common process plant such as pressure vessels, piping and heat exchangers.
Skills / Qualifications
- A working knowledge of pressure vessel, piping and fitness for service design codes such as PD5500, ASME VIII, ASME B31.3 and API 579
- A strong understanding of Mechanical Principles and a working knowledge of the aforementioned deterioration modes
- Proven ability to self-manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating technical ability and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, or Energy sectors
- Working towards Chartered status with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or appropriate discipline)
- An understanding of non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques and their limitations.
Any of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience of undertaking stress analysis using finite element analysis (FEA)
- Capability or exposure to pipe stress analysis software packages such as Bentley AutoPIPE or Caesar
- Experience of 3D modelling and producing 2D engineering drawings
- Experience of developing Macros within Visual Basic.
This role is open to candidates based in any of the following locations:
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to work in the UK without restriction.
Salary: Competitive/negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: 28th February 2020
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE