Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company, where your contribution is vital in ensuring critical industries continue to operate safely and reliably? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and looking to be part of an energetic team?
Axiom is an award-winning engineering consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering, in addition to being a UKAS-accredited Inspection Body. Since our inception we have grown successfully, and are now operating on a global basis. This is an exciting time of further expansion for Axiom, as we expand our geographic reach and diversify both our capabilities and the sectors we serve.
To aid us in our ongoing expansion plans, we are looking to recruit a Marketing Assistant. Based at our Stockton-on-Tees headquarters, you will work across our business in close collaboration with our Operational, Business Development and Commercial teams, to manage and deliver marketing initiatives to support Axiom’s continued growth.
This position offers a great opportunity for a newly qualified graduate in Marketing to take ownership, and support the continued improvement of our marketing activities serving a diverse client base, within a dynamic, expanding organisation.
The role will support UK wide growth into the target regions: North East, North West, Humber and Scotland and target sectors: Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Energy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide marketing support to the Commercial Director and Marketing Coordinator in the delivery of Marketing initiatives to support the company’s broader corporate objectives.
- Delivery of marketing and communications activities across digital, offline and social media channels improving brand awareness
- Support and develop the creation of engaging content for multiple marketing channels
- Support the organisation of trade shows, client events and conferences from identification of appropriate event to leading attendance to planning, post-event client follow-up meet to drive maximum benefit.
- Assist in the production and distribution of marketing materials ensuring consistency through use of the corporate style guide
- Collaboration with a range of external partners and colleagues to deliver integrated marketing campaigns.
- Facilitation and promotion of in-house training packages through various forums.
- Support business development and commercial personnel to develop beneficial relationships with external organisations e.g.: regional groups, professional bodies, industry groups etc.
- Build on the company’s existing Corporate Social Responsibility activities via participation in key charitable events and lead positive engagement with charitable organisations.
- Work closely with Business Development and Commercial team in using and continuous improvement of the Marketing, CRM and prospects tracking tools
- Ensure all activity costs are tracked and adhere to the agreed marketing budget
- Any other reasonable duties that maybe allocated by the Commercial Director or Marketing Coordinator, commensurate with the role.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional manner, as the candidate will at times be the sole representative of the business in client interactions.
- A strong level of verbal and written communications skill.
- Effective communicator to internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive to ensure that objectives are met on time.
- Confident phone manner with clients and customers – able to listen intently, ask open questions and disseminate into opportunity as required.
- Capable of operating independently and self-starting with limited supervision and direction.
- Confident and assured to represent the company and build on the excellent reputation in the market place.
- Ability to identify opportunities and act promptly to capitalise on them.
- Enthusiastic with can-do attitude.
- A valid full UK Driving Licence.
- IT literate – MS office suite
- Social Media – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite
- Ability to travel on occasion to Axiom’s UK-wide offices, clients and events across the UK to support marketing activities.
This role will be based at our Head Office in Stockton-on-Tees. Occasional travel to client sites around the UK, as well as Axiom’s other offices (Grangemouth, Humber, Runcorn) can be expected as the role will be supporting Axiom’s overall UK operations.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- A good team player
- Able to demonstrate a strong level of attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as travel and overnight stays may be required.
Axiom is an ambitious and growing company. We invest heavily in our people and technology and are looking for similarly-minded personnel to join our team.
If you are the type of person we are looking for, we will invest time and energy into giving you the skills and capabilities to ensure an interesting and challenging career. This is initially a 6-month position but for the right candidate, the potential for a permanent role.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 20th May 2022
For further information, please contact Peter Hunt (Commercial Director) at [email protected]
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE