Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company where your contribution is vital to maintain the safe delivery of innovative engineering solutions? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and want to be part of an energetic team?
Axiom is an award-winning engineering consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering, in addition to being a UKAS-accredited Inspection Body. Since our inception we have grown successfully, and are now operating on a global basis.
To aid us in our ongoing expansion plans, we are looking to recruit Inspectors in both Stockton, Runcorn and Humber regions. Investing heavily in our people, we recognise that the development of our staff is a key contributory factor of our success and can provide career progression to help you reach your full potential.
This is an exciting time to be joining Axiom, and the successful candidates can be assured of a key role in enabling the ongoing growth of our capability and client base in these important regional hubs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspecting pressure vessels, pipework, storage tanks and other process equipment, dependent on the scope of your appointment.
- Forming a key interface with the Client to offer assessment and recommendations on the condition of the inspected equipment, and the remedial work, repairs, maintenance or modifications which may be required.
- Acting as an Axiom focal point on sites for which you are the designated Inspector, ensuring effective Client management, resolution of issues, and promoting reach-back to other disciplines within Axiom to offer a comprehensive service.
- Creation and amendment of Written Schemes of Examination (WSE).
- Writing, signing and issuing of:
- Inspection Reports
- Supplementary Inspection Reports
- Imminent Failure/Danger Notification Forms
- Movement Reports
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher level qualification would be desirable. Candidates who have experience working in the Inspection field within a Petrochemical site or a Plant Engineering role are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience of inspecting process equipment on high-hazard COMAH sites, specifically Pressure Vessels, Storage Tanks and Piping Systems.
- Experience of specifying inspection intervals in accordance with approved codes and current Written Schemes of Examination.
Current Certification for Inspection / NDT is required, covering some or all of the following:
- API 570 Piping Inspection
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspection
- EEMUA 159/API 653 Tank Inspection
- PCN Level 1 for UT
- PCN Level 2 for MPI, LPI
Current Certification in any of the following would be advantageous:
- PCN Level 2 for UT
- PCN Level 2 for ECI
- CSWIP Welding
We are recruiting for personnel at Stockton, Runcorn and Humber offices. The role will be client-facing and involve a large percentage of the working week allocated to inspection work at our clients’ sites. Site work will generally be within a commutable distance of your allocated office, although potential may exist for work further afield as our growth continues.
You will need to be comfortable with working in the following environments:
- Confined space
- At height
- High / low temperatures
- A valid full UK Driving Licence
- To be computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Able to work in the UK without restriction.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Able to demonstrate a strong level of attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as travel and overnight stays may be required.
Axiom is an ambitious and growing company. We invest heavily in our people and technology and are looking for similarly-minded personnel to join our team.
If you are the type of person we are looking for, we will invest time and energy into giving you new skills and abilities to enable you to inspect a broader range of equipment and give you an interesting and challenging career.
Salary: Competitive – Staff position only
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- 5% pension contribution
- Sickness pay
- Training and recertifications.
For further information, please contact Kevin Murray (Operations Director) email: [email protected]
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE