Inspection Technical Authority
Axiom Engineering Associates are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Inspection Technical Authority to join the team in our Stockton-On-Tees office.
As the Inspection Technical Authority you will be responsible for providing thorough technical oversight and guidance on all aspects of Inspection and NDT testing activities, ensuring compliance with industry standards, regulations and Axiom’s Inspection Quality Management System.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the Inspection Body.
- Be the focal point for technical queries from the Inspection team, Axiom’s clients or other stakeholders.
- Represent Axiom on industry bodies such as SAFed and EEMUA
- Help to maintain internal technical standards and guides for inspection.
- Assist with audits (internal / external) e.g. inspector competency audits.
- Help to set and maintain standards for technical competence for the Inspection team.
- Review client deliverables prior to release e.g. inspection reports and written schemes of examination.
- Present information on the performance of the inspection management system.
- Participate in the development and delivery of training.
Experience / skills / qualifications (some beneficial not mandatory as training could be provided)
- A relevant degree (e.g., BEng or BSc in Mechanical, Structural or Materials Engineering).
- Deep understanding of the PSSR and ACoP
- At least 10 years experience in Inspection or NDT testing within the Petrochemical or Oil & Gas industries.
- Experience of Risk Based Inspection and Fired Equipment, including Boilers.
- EEMUA 159 Tank Assessor / API 653 Certified.
- API 510, 570 Certified.
- Auditing experience.
- Familiarity with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
- Chartership with a recognised organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Driving license (some travel required)
Closing Date: Monday 19th June 2023
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org