Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company where your contribution is vital to maintain the safe delivery of innovative engineering solutions? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and want to be part of an energetic team?
Axiom is an award-winning engineering consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering, in addition to being a UKAS-accredited Inspection Body. Since our inception we have grown successfully, and are now operating on a global basis. This is an exciting time of further expansion for Axiom, as we have recently opened a new office in Grangemouth, which will shortly be followed by a further regional office in the Runcorn area of Cheshire.
To aid us in our ongoing expansion plans, we are looking to recruit an Inspection Engineer. Investing heavily in our people, we recognise that the development of our staff is a key contributory factor of our success and can provide career progression to help you reach your full potential.
For this role we would welcome applications from other backgrounds within the industry such as Plant Engineers, or Mechanical Engineers who have experience of inspection through their current role.
You will have the following experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree qualified Engineer
- Chartered Engineer or working towards this
- Knowledge of, or certification to, API 510 / 570 / 653 / EEMUA 159, and / or Fired Equipment experience
Consideration would be given to applicants who do not possess all required qualifications for the role they wish to apply for but show aptitude, initiative and a drive to develop themselves.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing inspection and engineering consultancy to our client base
- Ensuring planned inspection work on site is completed on time and with adequate resources to meet Client requirements
- On-site day to day management of inspectors and NDT technicians at clients’ sites
- Focal point for client enquiries or queries
- Creation and amendment of Written Schemes of Examination (WSE)
- Taking an overview of inspection programmes to ensure inspections are suitable and meeting clients’ needs.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, with Chartered status or working towards this
- Minimum of 5 years on-site inspection experience within a relevant industry. Candidates who have experience working in the inspection field within a Plant Engineering role are also encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of common non-destructive testing methods
- Knowledge of inspection standards and guides such as API 510 / 570 / 653 and EEMUA 159
- Knowledge of RBI methodology
- Experience of specifying inspection intervals in accordance with approved codes and current Written Schemes of Examinations
- Knowledge of fired / boiler equipment
- Experience of managing a small team or co-ordinating work.
Current Certification in any of the following would be advantageous:
- API 570 Piping Inspection
- API 510 Vessel Inspection
- API 653 Tank Inspection
- API 580 / 581
- EEMUA 159 Tank Assessor
- CSWIP Welding
We are recruiting for personnel at both our Grangemouth and Runcorn Area (opening early-2020) offices. The role will be client-facing and involve a large percentage of the working week allocated to inspection work at our clients’ sites. Site work will generally be within a commutable distance of your allocated office, although potential may exist for work further afield as our growth continues.
You will need to be comfortable with working in the following environments:
- Confined space
- At height
- High / low temperatures
- A valid full UK Driving Licence
- To be computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Able to work in the UK without restriction.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Able to demonstrate a strong level of attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as travel and overnight stays may be required.
Axiom is an ambitious and growing company. We invest heavily in our people and technology and are looking for similarly-minded personnel to join our team.
If you are the type of person we are looking for, we will invest time and energy into giving you new skills and abilities to enable you to inspect a broader range of equipment and give you an interesting and challenging career.
Salary: Negotiable – Staff position only
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- 5% pension contribution
- Sickness pay
- Training and recertifications.
For further information, please contact Kevin Murray (Regional Manager) email: [email protected]
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE