Graduate Mechanical Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our expanding Engineering Services team. Axiom’s Mechanical department specialises in undertaking fitness for service (FFS) assessments of process plant, working closely with our clients to improve their assets’ life and reliability.
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer will be required to support the Mechanical Engineering team with the delivery of technical design and fitness for service assessments. The successful candidate will be placed on a structured development scheme, gaining experience and developing skill sets in the following areas:
- Pressure vessel design
- Computer aided design (CAD)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
In line with their development, responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Pressure vessel and piping codal design calculations
- Report writing
- 3D CAD model building
- 2D drafting
- Computational stress analysis
The candidate should have an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field, and have an appetite for stress analysis and design-based projects. They should have an understanding of deterioration modes such as corrosion, creep and fatigue, and be familiar with Mechanical principles. The role is client facing, so strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or appropriate discipline).
- A knowledge of the first principles of Mechanical Engineering.
- An appreciation of common failure modes such as fatigue and creep.
- Experience of CAD and / or FEA modules as part of their studies.
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong report writing ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
This successful candidate will be based out of our Stockton headquarters.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Possesses strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Able to work in the UK without restriction.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
- Fantastic development opportunities.
- Support with path to IMechE chartership.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid home and office working.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Loyalty based annual leave, with a minimum of 25 days plus bank holidays for full time staff.
- Benefit package, including health insurance and income protection.
Closing date: Friday 29th July 2022
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES